Willie Nelson has canceled all of his tour dates in February in order to completely recover from the flu, according to Variety, who cites a press release from Nelson's representatives.
“He is up and about and looks as healthy as ever but his doctor has determined that his voice needs more time to recuperate to give the performances you all love seeing. Willie will resume the tour in early March. Willie Nelson says, ‘I will see you all down the road.’”
Last month, the 84-year-old canceled all of his shows after becoming short of breath during a show in San Diego. Nelson was playing his opener "Whiskey River" when he ended the performance.
Fans reported Nelson was coughing and apparently having trouble breathing as he left the stage.
The following shows have been canceled:
- February 7 Macon, GA Macon Centreplex Coliseum
- February 9 Biloxi, MS IP Casino Resort & Hotel
- February 10 Panama City, FL The Marina Civic Center
- February 12 Estero, FL Germain Arena
- February 13 Pompano Beach, FL Pompano Beach Amphitheatre
- February 15 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall
- February 17 Cocoa, FL Space Coast State Fair
- February 18 Saint Augustine, FL Saint Augustine Amphitheatre